Saturday, August 6, 2011

How's ur Ramadhan?



Assalamu’alaikum,

In our day to day battle to continuously stay productive during Ramadan, it’s easy to become obsessed with some of the physical productivity issues; how many hours did I sleep today? How many calories did I consume? Did I exercise today?..

Even though checking the above from time to time is important, remember our physical productivity is only a means and not the end goal itself. In our definition as ProductiveMuslims: ‘physical productivity is about optimising your physical ability to enable you to serve Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) better and worship Him better.’

What you should be concerned about are the following questions: Did Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) accept my fasting today? Did I pray on time with all the Sunnahs? Did I read Quran today? Did I understand every word? Remember ramadan is not about just making it to the iftar table at the end of the day, rather it is about attaining a new level of spirituality with Allah through your act.

Lets make our Ramadhan full of blessing and achieve Taqwa.

No comments: